Saturday 14 January 2012

I love Tulips!!

Well I have to say my ultimate favourite flower is a white avalanche rose, however a tulip will come in at a very close second!! There is just something about their vibrant colours, clean tidy lines and beautiful curvy shapes! I remember going to Amsterdam as a teenager and seeing the flower markets FULL of every kind of coloured tulip you can imagine, as an art student I was in awe. And they remind me of my mum, and being a kid, living at home etc.

For some reason I was inspired by tulips tonight for a lovely little frame I have had sitting in my 'office/studio' for a while, I dont know why this is, maybe as I have had a lovely afternoon playing with my girls (and hubby to be) on the lounge floor, filled with giggles, and plenty of hugs and kisses I really felt for the first time a mumsy mum! But then it maybe that I feel a lot more adult recently - since New Year I seem to have adopted a whole new outlook on life - I have started drinking coffee, eating Special K cereal, and loving Ryvitas! All very grown up!! (lol x)

I love what I have done, the colours are bright and vibrant and the pattern is just enough to not overpower the simple elegance of the Tulips themselves!! I might just have to pop a picture of my two cheeky monkeys in this frame and keep it for myself! x

No comments:

Post a Comment