Sunday 8 January 2012

Fresh New Start to a New Year

Hello,

Welcome to my new little blog where you can keep up with all my work and maybe a little bit of my hectic life thrown in for good measure too!!

I found my love for glass painting way back when I was at Ar college, and never really applied my skills to it untill November last year. Two of my friends were getting married and I was racking my brain trying to think of what present I could get them that wasnt a voucher, toaster or dinner service! An all of a sudden handpainted wine glasses sprung into my head!
Now since it had been almost 11 years since I was at college I was a little apprehensive, but as soon as I dug out all my old bits and pieces everything fell into place and I started creating!! And this was the outcome:
With their names in the hearts, the date around the base and the poem 'The Art of Marriage' which was read during their ceremony written accross the back of the glasses I was rather impressed with myself. From then on the business seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Within a few hours of putting pictures up onto my facebook page of these glasses I had my first enquiry, for a set of top table wedding glasses!!! Couldnt believe my luck!!
And then the Christmas Tables glass orders, with the odd birthday one thrown in, to the Valentines day ones I am doing now!

I LOVE my new little business, and I love the fact that people love my creations!! Here are a few pics of some of the bits I have created already!

 Christmas Table Glasses
 A christmas present for my lovely little sister
And I promotional glass for a fellow crafter as well as a glass for Mothers Day x

To see more of my work you can visit my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rubys-Grace-Unique-Designs/232317550174636

I hope you will choose to follow me in my new adventures. I hope to show you all aspects of my work and life x 

Looking forward to the ride!

Em x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment